Sunday, May 5, 2013

Its been a little while, but we had such nice results with the class that did the zinnia close up!

I did a pencil value studio of the peachy zinnia, and though i thought the color was what drew me to it, I find it may have been, but the difinition of each little petal, doing its share to make that a stunning little study!
When I attempted to express this in color, i got all twisted up and couldnt leave well enough alone.  I had started with nice light shade of a mix of Turners yellow, and maybe a dab of "opera"..playing with the colors, it was hard to get the softness...I did get there eventually, and after laying the shadows down...I couldnt leave well enough alone.  I try to darken the petals with more "color" and i lost the contrast!  Dont you hate when you push something and you know you shouldn't!
All in all, i have to say, the students work came out superior! But thats what we want anyway!~! 
Next class, or maybe it was the class before...be did a study on the textures of fruits....
Jackie Hinton~she loves those dew drops!


Jackie Hinton

Cheryl ...Arold, I hope i spelled that right! Nice textures


Eilene  Blanchard,,,she wasnt quite done yet, but its lookin good!

this was a pic of one of the "studies". I liked the contrast of the skins on the bark i found in my fire wood. I neglected to take the pictures of the rest of the work. Maybe ill do that next class!


No comments:

Art to Art, My studio, my "spot"

My photo
Stratham, New Hampshire, United States
ART TO ART HOME STUDIO 603-583-6225 15 Jackrabbit Lane, (right behind Stratham Hill Park). WATERCOLOR CLASSES FOR ALL AGES! ORIGINAL WATERCOLORS~ gardnluv@comcast.net arttoart@comcast.net FACEBOOK PAGE is ART TO ART!!